The Cambridge International Certificate in Educational Leadership is for candidates with leadership roles in schools, or who are leaders in other parts of the educational system with direct responsibilities for teachers or leaders, and for aspiring leaders, who want to:
- inform their understanding of educational leadership through an
introductory study of contemporary international theories and research
- research findings and insights about effective leadership practice from
their own educational context and from international studies
- apply their leadership learning to their own leadership role and practice
through critical reflection, mentoring and peer feedback
- identify their priorities for professional development and create a
development plan to present to their own leadership or governing body
- develop foundational skills in academic study, professional reflection,
collaborative enquiry and academic writing as a basis for further study.
- Course duration: Approximately 18 – 20 weeks Mode of delivery: in-person/zoom/moodle
Course structure: 3 units (approx. 5 – 7 weeks in duration each)
- Registration: completed application form ,certified ID to be submitted.
- Mentor: each candidate to select a mentor to work with. mentor must have minimum 2 years experience in leadership
- Time dedicated to the course: -approx one to two hours a week worth of reading,
discussions. -approx 2/3 workshops in person per unit.
- Assessment: Portffolio of evidence of practice, learning and reflection
- Next intake: Enrolment starts 3 rd January 2023, course starts 4 th March 2023